Class to be held in Dartmouth 102 from now on.
- Vector Calculus (2nd. Edition) by Susan Colley. Available at Wheelock Books.
- MWF 12:30 - 1:35, Dartmouth 102
- (xhour) Tu 1:00 - 1:50, Dartmouth 102
- (tutorial) Tu,Th,Su 7:00-9:00, Bradley 103
Note: We will use the xhour a couple of times near the end of the term as
I need to be out of town some. In addition, the in-class parts of the two mid-terms
will be held during office hours.
- Office 1-R in the basement of Bradley. Click here for directions
- To contact me, send me a Blitz
There will be two midterm exams and a final
examination. The in-class midterms will be held during the x-hours of April 19 and May 10.
The take-home parts will be assigned those days and due in class the following days.
Our final exam will be administered June 5 at 3:00 pm. The site is TBA.
|Homework Policy and Guidelines
- Homework will be assigned daily and will be due at the beginning of the next class meeting.
- All homework assignments will be submitted via the web. More details are posted on the course assignment's web page.
- Late homework will not be accepted in the absense of divine intervention or matters of similar weight.
- Unexcused late and missing papers count zero.
The course grade will be based upon the scores on the homework, two
hour exams and the final exam.
The point breakdown is as follows:
for a total of 450 points.
|Midterm 1 || 100 points
||Midterm 2 || 100 points
||Homework || 100 points
||Final Exam || 150 points
On Exams: No help given or received
On Homework: Collaboration is permitted and encouraged, but NO COPYING
. In other words, you should feel free to talk to other students while
you are in the process of thinking about a problem. However, when it comes
time to write up your solutions, you should do this by yourself without
Students with special needs who will be taking this course and may need
disability-related classroom accommodations are encouraged to make an
appointment to see their instructor as soon as possible, certainly
within the first two weeks of the course. Also, they should stop by
Academic Skills Center
in 301 Collis to register for support services.