Homework due day 6
Group work on Math Camp 1 content goals
A plan for math camp that includes goals for the math camp as a whole, and
for each day and part of a day. Include both specific mathematical goals
your two general higher-level goals
(and possibly, for individual days or lessons, subgoals
of those general goals).
- Prepare at least the first 5 minutes of a presentation you will give in
camp, with specific attention to board work. Feel free to act as though we
the high school students. Due Tuesday.
- Read Krantz sections 2.1-2.4 (about 9 pages)
- Write a detailed lesson plan for one of the math camp lessons.
A lesson plan includes:
For our purposes, "in detail" includes everything you expect to be on the
and more or less everything you expect to say. It includes everything you
to do (and your plans can include things like "say this very
As a specific example, do not just say, "Ask the students for examples."
are many structures and formats for "asking students."
- any evaluation that goes on during the lesson
- what you will do, in detail
Bring copies of your plan to class.