- Topic List : A study guide for the final exam.
- Two Ciphers : The handout from class November 1.
- Math Symbols Guide : A description of some symbols and techniques that will be common in this course.
Maple Files To run these programs you'll need to download Maple 9.5 or 10; this is a key-served application, available from Dartmouth. Maple is also pre-installed on many computers on campus; check the Baker/Berry Library, for example.
You will need to download these files to your desktop (PC: right-click, Mac: control+click) before opening them.
- Day of the Week : This file makes use of the congruence from class to compute the day of the week for a given date in the Gregorian calendar.
- Check Schemes : This implements some of the check digit schemes discussed in class.
- Pollard p-1 Test : An implementation of Pollard's factorization test.
- Mersenne Prime Tests : A comparison of two primality tests, both restricted to Mersenne Numbers.
- Pepin-Pollard Comparison : Compares Pepin's Test for Fermat numbers with the Pollard p-1 Test.