Math 36 - test 2 review
Here are the topics that will be covered by test
- interval graphs - characterization theorems (involving such
definitions as chordal, transitively orientable, asteriodal triples, maximal
cliques), drawing graphs in interval representation.
- Definition of boxicity (involving definitions of food webs,
- Other graphs defined similarily to competition graphs, such
as common enemy graphs, and domination graphs. (Don't worry about definitions
of unions and interesections like the mixed pair graphs or niche graphs).
- Trophic Status - know the definition of both the Harary
measure and the revised measure (using longest path) that we worked with.
Be able to find trophic status of vertices in a digraph. Have an idea of the
- Probability: know what a markov chain is, and when it is
applicable. Know definitions like ergodic chain (state), absorbing chain (state),
regular chain, transition matrix, transition digraph, canonical form of absording
chain matrix, fundamental matrix, N, matrix B (for these, know both how to
find them, and what they mean).
- Look at the problems given during the term.
- Any questions, email me.