Math 43: Final Exam
The final exam for this class will be held on Friday, June 1 2012, from
8am - 11am in the usual classroom of 007 Kemeny. The following information about
the final might be useful:
- The final exam will be open notes like the quizzes. You are allowed to
bring five sheets of your own notes - if you wish, you can use the four
sheets you prepared for the four quizzes plus an additional sheet, or
use five new sheets. You may not use any other resources on the final exam.
In particular, you need to prepare your own notes, and cannot use class notes
or notes of other students in the class.
- The final exam will have 6 questions on it, each worth 20 points, but your
score will be the sum of the five highest scores you earn. In particular,
if you want you can choose to skip one question.
- The exam will cover everything we have learned in this class, although there will be a slight emphasis on the material not previously covered on any quiz.
- The difficulty of the questions will probably be in between the quizzes
and the homework problems.
- The exams will be graded by Monday, June 4. If you visit my office
from 2pm - 3pm on Monday, you can see your final exam and also learn your
final letter grade in the class (although you will not be able to keep
your final exam).
- I will not reply to email requests for letter grades, regardless of
whether you will be able to visit my office on Monday or not.