Math 46: Resources
- SPRING 2007
- ERRATA for our textbook,
Logan's Applied Mathematics, 3rd Edition (2006).
- On reserve at the library:
- J. David Logan, Applied Partial Differential Equations (2004).
This nice book
goes into more detail than chapter 6 of our book, at a slightly more leisurely
pace. I nearly chose this book as our text, but preferred a more
broad coverage of applied math.
- Bender & Orszag, ``Advanced Mathematical Methods for
Scientists and Engineers'' (1999). This is the bible on asymptotics
and boundary layers, and is graduate-level.
Course with lecture notes, homeworks, using our textbook,
at U. Alberta, Canada.
Another course using our book (2nd Ed.) at Montana, with HW and exams.
- Linear PDEs course from MIT, with lecture notes and HW.
course with lecture notes on integral equations, PDEs and Greens functions,
from Georgia Tech.
- Principles of Applied Mathematics course at MIT,
just HW and exams.
Also Introduction to Modeling and Simulation,
has lecture notes and HW.
- General notes on exam and study
technique (geared mainly towards final exams in intermediate-level math courses).
Java applet versions of
dfield and pplane
that let you numerically explore 1-variable and 2-variable ODEs.
- MAPLE tutorials,
useful for symbolic calculation.