Next: Set Theory
Up: Foundations of Mathematics
Previous: Foundations of Mathematics
- Propositional logic: provability, truth tables, consistency,
- First-order predicate logic: syntax and semantics.
- Deduction systems and formal proofs.
- Consistency, completeness and decidability of theories: the
methods of elimination of quantifiers and Vaught's Test.
- Godel's Completeness Theorem. The Henkin proof. The
Compactness Theorem and its applications.
- Elementary Model Theory. Elementary substructures and the
- Godel's Incompleteness Theorem. Applications to undecidable