Discrete Math Day
Saturday, May 6, 2017
The Spring 2017
edition of the Conference Discrete Math
Days of the Northeast will take place on Saturday, May 6 at Dartmouth
REGISTRATION: Fill this form here.
· Olivier Bernardi, Brandeis University
· Lou Billera, Cornell University
· Svetlana Poznanovikj, Clemson University
· Brigitte Servatius, WPI
· Michelle Wachs, University of Miami
All talks will be held in Haldeman 041
- 9:00 Continental Breakfast and poster set up
- 9:45 Welcome and Announcements
- 12:00 Lunch and posters in Kemeny Hall 300
- 3:30 Coffee break
- 5:30 Dinner
The meeting will begin 9:00 am (first talk at 10:00 am) and continue
through to 5:30 pm. There will be 5 talks during the day.
The meeting will take place in Kemeny Hall, which is the mathematics building. Talks will be in room Hadelman 041, and registration and breakfast will be just outside the room. A complimentary lunch for those who preregistered will be served in room 300.
Here is a link to the full schedule and abstracts.
As with the other Discrete Math Day conferences, there is no registration fee, and preregistering is strongly encouraged. To preregister, please fill this form here. For information on financial support, please see below.
We will have a contributed poster session. Please email Rosa Orellana if you would like to present a poster.
Here you can find Driving Directions to Dartmouth, and Campus. Talks are in Kemeny Hall.
Parking is free on weekends in all the Dartmouth parking lots. The closest parking lot to Kemeny Hall is the Maynard Parking Lot.
Here are some suggested accommodations:
· Hanover Inn, right on campus.
· Six South Street Hotel, only two blocks from campus.
· Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon, 3 miles from campus.
· Norwich Inn, 2 miles from campus.
· Sunset Motor Inn, 2 miles from campus.
and postdocs traveling more than 50 miles (each way) may apply for a $50 travel
Any participant traveling more than 100 miles (each way) and staying overnight may apply for $100 towards lodging expenses.
Please indicate when you register if you are applying for travel support.
Discrete Math Days in the Northeast is a conference series that seeks to bring together a community of combinatorists in the northeast. We seek to provide a relaxed atmosphere, a friendly environment conducive to fostering collaboration accross institutions and disciplines.
We hold two meetings per year, one in the Fall and one in the spring. The meetings take place at different universities in the northeast. Most participants drive to and from the conference on the same day. We hope that by holding meetings at different universities it will make it possible for researchers with higher teaching loads and those with limited institutional support to attend, and helped them to keep up with research in their field.
More information about the conference series can be found here.
Sergi Elizalde, Rosa Orellana, and Jay Pantone , Peter Winkler.
We thank the Mathematics Department at Dartmouth and the NSA for their financial support.
· Seth Chaiken (SUNY, Albany)
· Karen Collins (Wesleyan University)
· Sergi Elizalde (Dartmouth College)
· Joanna Ellis-Monaghan (St. Michael's College)
· William Martin (Worcester Polytechnic Institute)
· Rosa Orellana (Dartmouth College)
· Lauren Rose (Bard College)
· John Schmitt (Middlebury College)
· Julianna Tymoczko (Smith College)